Portage is committed to achieving the highest standards of environmental quality in the performance of its work and to providing a safe and healthful workplace for its employees and subcontractors. It is Portage’s policy to:
- Prevent or reduce pollution to air, land, and water through programs that reduce environmental impacts
and conserve natural resources
- Understand and commit to comply with legal and other requirements
- Review environmental objectives and targets and set guidelines for reduction of environmental impacts
- Evaluate the effectiveness of and continually improve our environmental management systems and educate
those working for or on behalf of the company, where it is applicable, to meet legal and other requirements.
Occupational Health and Safety Policy
Portage is committed to safeguarding the health and safety of its employees, visitors, subcontractors, and the public. It is Portage’s policy to:
- Prevent injury and illness through disciplined business and work-control processes that systematically integrate
applicable regulations, standards, and requirements into our products, services, and work activities
- Identify, understand, and comply with applicable legal and other requirements related to occupational health and safety (OH&S)
- Evaluate the effectiveness of and continually improve OH&S management and performance
- Review and set performance measures, objectives, and criteria to achieve sustained OH&S excellence.
Quality Assurance Policy
Portage is committed to providing the highest quality goods and services to our customers in a timely, cost-effective manner. We believe that quality is achieved through effective planning, control of operations, management and independent oversight, and process improvement. It is Portage’s policy to:
- Identify, understand, and comply with applicable legal, regulatory, and other requirements related to Quality Assurance.
- Control and measure goods and services using a graded approach to ensure compliance with established requirements.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of the Quality Assurance Program and Quality Management System.
- Continually improve our business performance to meet or exceed our customer requirements and expectations.
- Maintain certifications and customer approvals of our Quality Assurance Program and Quality Management System.