Laborer - 2 positions
Laborer - 2 positions
High School Diploma or Equivalent
North Wind Portage is seeking Laborers (2 positions) in Luckey, OH
The Laborer’s duties for the Luckey Formerly Utilized Sites Remedial Action Program (FUSRAP) Remediation Project consist of a variety of duties related to general construction, maintenance, repairs, and operation of facilities, structures, and equipment, and other duties as assigned.
• 3 - 5 years of increasing job responsibilities, primarily in construction, environmental remediation, and/or general industry working around heavy equipment.
• Practical skill and knowledge (but not proficiency) in such trades as concrete, carpentry, plumbing, masonry, and soil/trenching work.
• Experience in work environments with exposure to all weather conditions and temperature extremes.
• Ability to work in different types of personal protective equipment (half-face, full-face respirators, Tyvek, etc.) while performing various tasks/activities (e.g., climbing, walking, stopping etc.) in different work environments (e.g., cold, heat, etc.).
• Physically able to perform job tasks, including lifting at least 50 lb alone.
• Ability to obtain Radiation Worker II qualifications, complete Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) Hazardous Waste Operations and Emergency Response (HAZWOPER) worker qualification, and pass a HAZWOPER/respirator user medical exam.
• Motivated and willing to work as part of a team and perform multiple job functions.
• Ability to clearly communicate, both orally and in written form, and to maintain records related to the job.
• Ability to read and comply with project direction contained in project-specific plans and procedures, and/or execute tasks after receiving verbal direction.
• Must have a valid driver's license.
• May be required to pass a pre-employment background check.
• Must be required to pass a pre-employment drug screen.
• Must be required to undergo pre-employment beryllium blood testing (to be scheduled by Portage). Only people who are found to not be sensitized to beryllium will be allowed to work on the Luckey site.
• Experience on remediation/construction type projects is highly desirable.
• Experience in US Army Corps of Engineers projects is highly desirable
Apply for Position