Environmental Compliance Manager
Moab/Crescent Junction, UT
Environmental Compliance Manager
BS in physical science or engineering
Portage a North Wind Company is seeking a Part-Time Environmental Compliance Manager
TheMoab Environmental Compliance (EC) Manager reports to the Environmental,Safety, Health, and Quality (ESH&Q) Manager and is responsible for implementingthe EC programs and procedures for the Moab Uranium Mill Tailings RemedialAction (UMTRA) Project, at both the Moab and Crescent Junction sites.
- Providetechnical and regulatory support on National Emission Standards for HazardousAir Pollutants (NESHAPS) and National Discharge Elimination System (NPDES)Storm Water Permitting issues applicable to existing and future operations.
- Assistingin determining the appropriate EC controls for project field activities.
- Ensuringwritten EC programs and procedures are up to date and compliant with allapplicable regulations and guidance.
- PerformStorm Water compliance inspections and document/report results.
- PerformSpill Prevention, Control and Countermeasure inspections and document/reportresults.
- PerformFugitive Dust compliance inspections and document/report results.
- Providingand conducting training sessions on EC topics.
- LeadingEC field actions at Moab and Crescent Junction sites, which may includesupervising field EC technicians.
- Producingperiodic EC reports to U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) and other regulators.
- Performingand/or assisting with EC audits, surveillances, and assessments.
- Performingother EC duties as assigned by the ESH&Q manager.
- Provideexpertise in applying creative solutions to unique waste managementissues.
- Demonstratedexperience leading an EC program at a large radiological remediation projecteffectively, including staffing, budgets, programs, etc. is desirable.
- Abilityto effectively interface with customer and regulators, as well as fieldworkforce.
- Abilityto obtain Utah State Storm Water inspector certification within 6 months ofemployment.
- Abilityto obtain Utah approved EPA method 9 opacity certification within 6 months ofemployment and maintain certification every 6 months.
- Experienceworking with US Department of Energy, Bureau of Land Management, US Fish &Wildlife Service, US Department of Transportation, US Army Corps of Engineers;State of Utah School and Institutional Trust Lands Administration, FishWildlife Service, Utah Department of Transportation; local government agenciesand Union Pacific Rail Road would be a plus.
- Experiencewith water rights, sustainability waste management, and knowledge of NEPA,UMTRCA, RCRA, TSCA, Antiquities Act, and Endangered Species Act would be aplus.
- Abilityto complete Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) HazardousWaste Operations and Emergency Response (HAZWOPER) 8-hour supervisor training.
- Abilityto communicate professionally, effectively, and tactfully with a wide varietyof individuals in person, via telephone, and in writing. Excellent customerrelations skills.
- Abilityto work independently and resolve practical problems, keeping all appropriateparties aware of issues or risks. Possess a strong work ethic.
- Proficientin use of Microsoft Office software (Microsoft Word, Excel).
- Abilityto read and comply with project direction contained in project-specific plansand procedures.
- Musthave a valid driver’s license.
- Maybe required to pass a pre-employment background check.
- Mustbe required to pass a pre-employment drug screen.
- Experience on UMTRAtype projects is highly desirable.
- Minimumof a Bachelor of Science degree in physical science or engineering.
- Minimum of 5 years’ direct experience inenvironmental compliance.
- CertifiedInspector of Sediment and Erosion Control (CISEC), Certified Professional inErosion and Sediment Control (CPESC), Certified Hazardous Material Manager(CHMM), Registered Environmental Manager (REM), or Register EnvironmentalProfessional (REP) certified professionals.
Apply for Position