Project Engineer - Luckey, OH
Project Engineer - Luckey, OH
Bachelor of Engineering degree, plus 3 years of relevant experience, or equivalent
North Wind Portage is seeing a Project Engineer in Luckey, OH
The Project Engineer reports to theProject Manager, and is responsible for supporting project management for theLuckey Formerly Utilized Sites Remedial Action Program (FUSRAP) Remediation Projectin the performance of various engineering technical work. Duties shall include, but not be limited to:
- Develops/modifies drawings using computer-aideddesign and drafting (CADD) equipment
- Develop methods used in theprevention, control, or remediation of environmental hazards.
- Prepare written estimates/change orderproposals based on labor, materials, equipment and other expenses
- Reads and interprets drawings andspecifications
- Research and recommend resolutionsto drawing interpretation problems, conflicts, interference, and errors, toverify that all work complies with applicable codes, drawings andspecifications
- Participates in projectadministration, cost and revenue forecasting, cost estimating, constructionplanning, site layout, means and methods, scheduling, material procurement,subcontracting, change orders, etc.
- Perform engineering studies andassist with the development of project reports
- Assist all departments withtechnical issues, complex technical problems and problem resolution
- Research, locate and procuresubcontractors and materials
- Receive, log, prepare and distributerequests for information (RFIs). ReviewRFI questions and answer for appropriateness and potential changes
- Develop and maintain document logs,potential change orders, punch lists/work deficiency, close-out documents, etc.
- Monitor field work to ensurecompliance with project standards, procedures, and codes
- Prepare drawings and sketches tosupport construction work, change orders, and estimates to meet changing jobrequirements
- 3 - 5 years of with increasing job responsibilities
- Excellent written and verbalcommunication skills.
- Ability to effectively presentinformation and respond to questions from management, co-workers, and clients.
- Must have a working knowledge and beproficient in latest version of AutoCAD
- PE license is desirable, preferablyin the State of OH
- Must be able to handle multipletasks on various projects while meeting all deadlines
- Complete assigned work in accordancewith technical standards, sound engineering practices, and good science under thesupervision of the project manager.
- Experience working on radiological,beryllium, and/or hazardous waste sites.
- Experience on a U.S. Army Corps ofEngineer (USACE) site is desirable.
- Experience in emergency managementand/or emergency medical response is a plus
- Ability to obtain Radiation WorkerII qualifications, complete OSHA Hazardous Waste Operations and EmergencyResponse (HAZWOPER) worker qualifications, and pass a HAZWOPER/respirator usermedical exam.
- Ability to work in different typesof personal protective equipment (half-face, full-face respirators, Tyvek,etc.) while performing various tasks/activities (e.g., climbing, walking,stopping, etc.) in different work environments (e.g., cold, heat, etc.).
- Experience in work environments withexposure to all weather conditions and temperature extremes.
- Proficient in use of MicrosoftOffice software (Microsoft Word, Excel).
- Motivated and willing to work aspart of a team and perform multiple job functions.
- Ability to read and comply withproject direction contained in project-specific plans and procedures, and/orexecute tasks after receiving verbal direction.
- May be required to pass apre-employment background check.
- Must be required to pass apre-employment drug screen.
- Must be required to undergo pre-employmentberyllium blood testing (to be scheduled by Portage). Only people who arefound to not be sensitized to beryllium will be allowed to work on the Luckeysite.
- Experience onremediation/construction type projects is highly desirable.
Apply for Position