Since 2003, Portage has provided continuous Resource Energy Management (REM) support for the 611th Civil Engineering Squadron (CES) at Elmendorf Air Force Base (AFB), Anchorage, AK. In addition, we have provided REM support for the 3rd CES at Elmendorf AFB since March 2008. We have performed this work for the Air Force Center for Engineering and the Environment through Global Engineering, Integration, and Technical Assistance contracts.
Portage provided energy management expertise to aid the base in developing programs and projects to reduce energy consumption and costs. Our on-site personnel have performed comprehensive facility energy audits, identifying the best energy- and cost-saving solutions, managing and implementing energy-saving projects and programs, and managing utilities.
Portage personnel provide resource efficiency support to the 611th CES at Elmendorf AFB, and are responsible for energy management of 20 sites stationed throughout Alaska. Our personnel have consolidated and streamlined the utility billing department for the 611th CES, which ensured that tenant organizations were billed correctly and in a timely manner.
In the areas of energy-related construction, infrastructure, and engineering, Portage personnel have also performed the following:
- Developed and executed a five-year infrastructure program plan to ensure adequate utility support for $5 billion worth of new construction
- As winterization taskforce leader, saved over $25,000 in contract costs
- Supported Fuel Cell Demonstration Project
- Managed 10 engineering design projects worth $3.4 million
- Served as team lead on infrastructure support for temporary facilities for new base mission during Base Realignment and Closure process.