Portage provides a broad range of in-house and field engineering services to federal, state, local, and tribal government agencies and private-sector clients throughout the country, as well as support at military facilities in the U.S. and overseas.
As part of our contracts with Department of Energy management and operating contractors, we have performed well over $80 million of work annually, including complex remedial actions at numerous sites involving radioactive and chemical contaminants; nuclear engineering support for construction demolition of more than 200 structures, including nuclear reactors, spent nuclear fuel storage basins, and laboratories; nuclear and civil engineering design for radiological facilities; and research and development of innovative remediation technologies.
As part of our Global Engineering, Integration, and Technical Assistance contract with the Department of Defense, we provide engineering support for eight major commands and 100+ Defense installations worldwide.
We have more than 80 degreed engineers on staff, representing a broad spectrum of disciplines—chemical, civil (including geotechnical and water resources), electrical, environmental, fire protection, industrial, mechanical, mining, nuclear, software, and others. Our engineers average more than 17 years of experience. About half of our engineers have 20 or more years of experience, about one-third have an advanced degree, and about one-fourth are registered to practice as a professional engineer in at least one state.
Portage’s Conduct of Engineering Program implements the nuclear-facility design requirements of Quality Assurance Requirements for Nuclear Facility Applications (NQA-1).
- Multi-disciplinary engineering analysis
- In-house and field engineering
- Design services, from feasibility studies through installation
- Onsite construction design/engineering support
- Research and technology development, investigation, and planning
- Independent PE certifications
- Modeling, specifications, and calculations
- Value engineering
- System engineering
- Emission and dispersal modeling
- Computer-aided design and drafting
- Geographic information system capabilities
- Procurement support
- Staff of 80+ engineers in various disciplines